Avoid!!!I had damage to my home from Hurricane Sandy and I had Unified do my roof.
It took 6 months to install the roof. Luckily I held back on final payment to get them back to finish. They left debris in my yard over night during the tear off of old roof. The roof mechanics complained to me during the job that they were poorly paid.
They did not procure all shingles from the same distributor and the roof did not match. They had to do the roof over. On the second install they did not order new Weather lock ice barrier. If I didn't catch them they would have installed the new roof over the old perforated ice and water barrier.
I watched the installer open the ridge with the claw of a hammer. What he did amounted to vandalism. I held back final payment until they came back and reinstalled the ridge vent to the manufacturers specifications. They left flashing exposed and now I am experiencing a leaky roof.
I just had to pay these guys $80 to have them come back to caulk around the flashing on the dormers. Another roofer looked at the job and couldn't believe that they left with out caulking. The salesman will tell you that you will never have to pay another dime on your roof with their platinum warranty. Ask to see that warranty before you book with them and you will find nothing is covered if it is the result of a storm and that you must first put a claim in with your home owners insurance to collect anything.
If they have to come out to look at your roof after 1 year they require an $80 service fee. Recently I was cleaning my gutters and found about 10 pounds of roofing nails left behind by unified. There are rusty nails in an area where I have a flat roof, they did not use galvanized nails as required on the trim. Also I noticed that some of the trim that I paid them to cap in aluminum was never capped.
When I showed the mechanic who was sent back the other day to address the leak he said that he would cap that trim. I came out to check after he left and low and behold the trim was not capped. Save yourself a lot of headaches and go with a reputable company.
Unified is unable /unwilling to do quality work.Avoid!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "I can't tell you just how devastating it is to invest so much time, money and emotion into building a home only to have it all ripped away simply for..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "The student began to shampoo my hair and blow dry my hair. She asked me how big do you want the twist. I told her I want them really big...."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "We ordered these headsets in the hopes they would allow our polo team's coach to guide players during practice games. We were looking for the same system used by NFL..."
- "I now deeply regret not having checked first with the BBB in South Florida prior to doing business with City Furniture. Turns out the BBB has over 300 unresolved complaints..."